Instant Generation

We are living in times that are moving quickly. The days seem shorter, and thus life seems to fly by.  I know that I cannot believe that this year is almost over, seems like I just blinked and an other year is gone. That is not the point I am trying to make here. What I am trying to say is that we live in a society where decisions are made on a dime.  In my Communications Culture and Society class the lecturer called this generation the "Enter Generation." We live for things happening the second we want them to. Push power the TV turns on, press send the message goes and we get an answer... Even in my apartment I will turn the air conditioner on at 27* and in a few minutes the whole apartment feels cooler while my roommate will come home turn on the air and turn the temperature all the way down to 18* so that we freeze. She needs it here and now.

For the past few months I have been on the hunt for an apartment. Granted I do not plan to move until October I have been trying to plan ahead to avoid said decisions made on a dime.  Just this afternoon I received a phone call from one of my current roommates telling me that she has some friends that are looking for a third roommate and they are planning to sign a lease in August and not move in until October. Now to me this just seems ridiculous. Is it not possible to find an apartment in October? I don't plan to come back to school with out an apartment but I do believe that if I have to stay over somewhere for a few nights before I get myself together is not the end of the world. But to everyone else that I have spoken to they make me feel like I'm insane to wait longer than 10 minutes to make a big decision like this. I think that I will wait out the storm and see what happens it makes life exciting and also the past few big decisions that I have made in this manner have not ended the way that I would have liked them too, so I'm going to take my time here.